PARKOUR, in simplest scientific terms, is a method of movement that focuses on maximum conservation of momentum in order to create a fluid and painless way to get from point A to Point B.
Parkour (also called free running) is the sport or activity of running through urban areas while performing various gymnastics maneuvers over or on man-made obstacles such as walls and buildings.
Parkour is the physical discipline of training to overcome any obstacle within one's path by adapting one's movements to the environment.
Parkour requires... consistent, disciplined training with an emphasis on functional strength, physical conditioning, balance, creativity, fluidity, control, precision, spatial awareness, and looking beyond the traditional use of objects.
Parkour movements typically include... running, jumping, vaulting, climbing, balancing, and quadrupedal movement. Movements from other physical disciplines are often incorporated, but acrobatics or tricking alone do not constitute parkour.
Parkour training focuses on... safety, longevity, personal responsibility, and self improvement. It discourages reckless behavior, showing off, and dangerous stunts.
Parkour practitioners value... community, humility, positive collaboration, sharing of knowledge, and the importance of play in human life, while demonstrating respect for all people, places, and spaces.
|Parkour Tuition: $185.00 (Based on 10-week session/one class per week)|
Gym-Ken Gymnastics Payment Policy
- If your child is enrolled and has attended even one class of a session, you are obligated to pay for the entire session.
- Gym-Ken Gymnastics does offer a payment plan. 1/2 payment is due prior to the 1st class of each session, the remaining 1/2 payment (plus a $2 service fee) is due at the halfway point of that session.
- Gym-Ken Gymnastics accepts cash, personal checks made payable to Gym-Ken Gymnastics, Master Card, Visa and Discover.
- If there is an outstanding balance on your account prior to the beginning of a new session, then unfortunately, your child will not be able to begin the new session until the balance has been remitted.
- A $10.00 late fee will be added after Week 1 of the Session if no payment has been made on the account.
|Classes are held:|
|Sunday||2:00pm-3:00pm or 5:30pm-6:30pm Beginner|